1. Avocadoes contain no cholesterol but are a very good source of monounsaturated fats
2. They are a good natural source of Vitamin E, which has been shown to increase the body’s immune response and therefore may protect against disease. Vitamin E is also important for maintaining healthy skin and helping the healing process of all damaged tissue. It is a powerful anti-oxidant, protecting the body from the damaging effects of an excess of free radicals. These occur naturally in the body, but an excess may be produced by various factors such as stress, pollution, sunlight, radiation or illness.
3. Avocadoes are a good natural source of Vitamin B6, which is important for the metabolism of protein and necessary for healthy blood. Vitamin B6 is also thought to help protect against the causes of coronary heart disease.
4. Avocadoes contain potassium, which works with sodium and is essential for the correct functioning of the cells, regulating nerves, heart beat and blood pressure.
5. The healing and nourishing properties of avocadoes can be absorbed through the skin, so they make an easy and cost-effective moisturising face mask. Mash up a ripe avocado and smear it on to your face, then leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water. Finish off with your facial oil to really nourish your skin. At The Apothecary Room, we use avocado oil in our rose body oil and mandarin body oil because of its many health-giving properties.
We source only the best ingredients for our products... ensuring 100% quality!